Twice The Strength!
Get double the strength of ordinary fillers and waterproof your repair jobs by using the 3M-Marson Mar-Glass Short Strand Fiberglass Filler. This polyester filler is reinforced with short strand fiberglass to ensure that the repairs are resistant to water and are much more durable. You can use this filler alone or together with a fiberglass tape, cloth or mat for refurbishing rusted metal or worn out fiberglass materials.
Use the Short Strand Fiberglass Filler to fill holes, cracks, or tears in metal and fiberglass panels up to a 1/2" width. This is a sag-resistant formula offering a high filling rate.
How to use the 3M-Marson Mar-Glass Short Strand Fiberglass Filler
- Clean the repair area using soap and water. Follow this with a wax and grease remover surface cleaner. Sand the surface, if necessary.
- Take out the desired amount of filler on a clean mixing surface and mix with hardener. Use the ratio of 3" diameter circle 1/2" thick of filler with 3" strip of cream hardener. Mix both to a uniform color.
- When mixed in this proportion of 2% hardener, it takes 3-5 minutes to set @ 75°F (24°C). Spread this mixture on the mixing board, breaking all air bubbles.
- Use firm pressure to apply a thin layer for optimum adhesion to the surface. Do not exceed filler thickness of 1/4" and wait for it to cure for 20 minutes.
- Sand with sandpaper as required.
- Wait for about 45 minutes before applying primer and paint.
Key Features of the 3M-Marson Mar-Glass Short Strand Fiberglass Filler:
- Reinforced with short strand fiberglass
- Can be used alone or along with fiberglass tape, cloth, or mat
- Waterproof repair and stays durable
- High filling rate
- Sag-resistant formula
- Size: gallon
Technical Specifications of Filler
- Container: PN 01120 - One quart, metal can, PN 01160 - One gallon, metal can
- Base: Polyester resin with styrene monomer
- Density: 13 lb/gal
- Color: Green
- Viscosity @ 77°F (25°C) -Brookfield Viscometer: Fibrous Materials
Technical Specifications of Creme Hardener
- Container: 2.75 oz. plastic tube
- Base: Benzoyl Peroxide
- Density: 10 lb/gal
- Color: Blue
- Viscosity @ 77°F (25°C) -Brookfield Viscometer: 70,000 - 150,000 cps