Get Your Paint to Stick to Difficult Substrates
While working on the paint job of a vehicle, there are quite a few factors that you should consider. You may want to be sure if the product is from a well-known brand and the paintwork must not be blotchy in a way that is very visible, among other considerations. Even a small mistake could be very expensive to correct, while a perfect choice will make all the difference.
What does this product do for you?
Intended to give an excellent base for paint on bare metal surfaces, the U-Pol Acid #8 - 1K Etch Primer is just what you need in your auto repair shop. This 1K, ready to use aerosol etch primer allows better adhesion of paints on most bare metal substrates and also prevents rusting of steel.
What does it work on?
Acid #8 is a chromate-free etch primer that works on everything from alloy, copper, steel and brass. It can even work on difficult substrates such as galvanized steel and aluminum.
Where and when do you apply this product?
- Over rub-through areas before painting
- Over bare seams before applying a sealant
- On new bare metal panels
Key Features of the U-Pol Acid #8 - 1K Etch Primer
- Creates a robust base for painting
- Acts as an anti-corrosive layer over metals and reduces damage caused by rust and corrosion
- The chromate-free feature of this primer makes it a safer product to use than other etch primers in the market
- A quick drying, high-performance formula
- 450 mL aerosol cans
Points To Remember While Using This Product
- Allow a 10-20 minute window before over-coating
- The rate at which the etch primer dries depends on the film thickness, temperature as well as humidity
- You can overcoat the etch primer directly with a top coat. But if it is necessary to add an additional build to the repair, you may do so with primer fillers before applying the top coat
Repair Process Guide
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK and HI, and International delivery not available.