Transtar Tex Coat Chip Guard
• Texture changes to match OEM textures
• Clear, black or white options
- Tech Sheets
Paintable in 30-45 Minutes!
The Transtar Tex Coat Chip Guard is a must-have product for all automobile DIY-ers. It is a flexible protective coating that rapidly dries up. This product is easy to use and is paintable in 30-45 minutes. The Transtar Tex Coat Chip Guard is highly chip resistant and lasts longer than other brands. The convenient aerosol does not need any equipment cleaning. You can change the texture to match OEM textures as found on rocker panels. This product also works great under enamels and lacquers.
The Transtar Auto Body Technologies Inc. manufactures the Transtar Tex Coat Chip Guard. They are the leading manufacturers of the most extensive repair, refinish and detail product lines for the automotive aftermarket. Their products are durable and are of the highest quality, saving you time and money.How to prepare the surface before using the Transtar Tex Coat Chip Guard
- Before application, wash and solvent clean to remove all road dirt and grease
- Remove the existing finish and clean with SCAT. Prepare bare metal with appropriate Transtar metal primer, and then sand
The Chip Guard does not have any mixing ratio. You can start spraying it directly out of the aerosol can. Flash time is 10-15 minutes at 70 degrees F. For great results, you must apply at least 1-3 light, even coats. Film build should be about 3.0 mils per coat. Total film build should not be greater than 8-10 mils.
It comes in 16 fl. oz. (13 oz net wt) Aerosol can. It comes in three colors: clear, black and white.Key Features of the Transtar Tex Coat Chip Guard:
- Rapid drying, flexible, protective coating
- Texture changes to match OEM textures
- Use as an original or replacement texture coating
- To use under enamels or lacquers
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.