Transtar 2 in 1 Primer
• Suitable for metal and plastic parts
• Choose from 4 colors
- Tech Sheets
Good Corrosion Resistance
If you own a body shop and are particular about using good-quality products, you must already be familiar with the Transtar 2 in 1 Primer. This superior quality product boasts a formulation that makes it possible to prime both metal and plastic parts easily. You do not want your automobile parts to rust. The special ingredients in this primer are meant to keep moisture away completely, thus preventing the formation of rust.
Key Features of the Transtar 2 in 1 Primer:
- Suitable for metal and plastic parts: you can use it on a variety of objects
- High resistance to corrosion: reduces the formation of rust
- Provides an extremely smooth base on metal substrates: allowing you to apply a perfect topcoat
- Flexible, with strong adhesive properties: can be applied to flexible and rigid parts
- Quick drying: reduces the time it takes to finish a project
- Provides excellent fill and build and is easy to sand
- Compatible with almost all automotive paints on the market
- Comes in 20 fl. oz. aerosol cans
- Available in Black, Gray, White, Rose and Red Oxide
How to Prepare the Surface before applying the Transtar 2 in 1 Primer?
- Clean the surface with the Aqua SCAT 2 (TDS225), Speedi SCAT (TDS223), or SCAT (TDS222) to remove any wax, grease, silicone, or other foreign particles
- Sand the cleaned substrate and mask off the portion around the repair area to avoid over spraying
- Shake the can well and hold it upright, at about 8 to 12 inches from the surface
- Apply 2-3 medium wet coats while waiting for at least 5 minutes between each application
- Wait for at least 15-20 minutes before you start sanding
- Use 400-grit sandpaper and sand the area until the surface is smooth
- Clean the area again with SCAT, wipe using a tack cloth and apply the top coat as per the instructions provided with the paint
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.