Repair a broken Kenworth W900 hood for a fraction of the cost of a new, replacement hood!
Kenworth W900 Metton hood pockets are notorious for getting cracked or broken hood "pockets". The hood "pockets" are what hold the alignment pin in place. A new, replacement Kenworth W900 hood will set you back around $5,000. Even an aftermarket fiberglass Kenworth W900 hood can cost over $2,500.
- (1) pair of "Square" aluminum, hood-pocket, reinforcement plugs
- (1) pair of steel reinforcement plates
- (2) packages of PlastiFix High-Performance methacrylate adhesive
- All of the required nuts, bolts, rivets, washers, and screws
Additional Tools that you will need: (not included with kit)
- 5/16" Drill bit
- 3/16" Drill bit
- 1/8" Drill bit
- Phillips head screwdriver
- 50 grit Roloc disk and sander
- 60-80 grit sandpaper
- Rivet gun for 3/16" inch pop rivets.
- 3M 08571 Standard Manual Applicator Gun (We do not sell this Applicator gun, but you can get one at most auto body supply stores, or from Amazon)
Safety Data Sheet
Step-by-Step Guide - Coming soon