The premium quality OTC 10-ton Hydraulic Ram for Collision Repair Sets - 9110A is designed to provide years of trouble-free operation. This collision repair set comes with a 6-inch stroke and a special piston rod that enables use with the snap-together components of OTC Stinger's new collision repair sets and also with other products of its kind. The set comes with a two-year warranty.
Being a single-acting hydraulic system, it consists of a manual pump that moves the hydraulic fluid, a hydraulic hose that transports the fluid, and a cylinder or ram that the fluid moves during a job. Typically, the installation of single-acting cylinders feature just one hose that goes to the cylinder. The cylinder can only put pressure to extend its rod. Spring force helps in achieving the return stroke.
How to set up the OTC 10-ton Hydraulic Ram for Collision Repair Sets:
- Remove the thread protectors or dust covers from the hydraulic ports as necessary.
- Thoroughly clean the areas around the fluid ports of the cylinder and pump.
- Check the threads and fittings to be sure if there are any signs of damage or wear, and replace as necessary.
- Clean all hose ends, union ends, and couplers and connect them to the pump and cylinder. You can use a good quality pipe sealant to close all hydraulic connections.
- Tighten securely so that they are leak-protected but be sure not to over-tighten them.
- Once all connections are established, release trapped air from the hydraulic system. Cycle the system many times with no load on the system and the pump positioned higher than the cylinder or ram.