Foam tape softens hard paint lines in the jamb areas
The 3M Soft Edge Foam Masking Tape is designed especially for use with door jambs, hoods, or deck lids. A door jamb is one of the two upright parts of a door frame used to hang the door. The tape can be used on other parts of a vehicle that need sealing.
One of the important features of this tape is its ability to create a soft edge to prevent tape lines in the jamb areas. So if you are looking for a product that will help reduce paint lines and reduce the time to finish a project, you should pick up this efficient tape. Always clean the surface with a cleaner and a rag before using the tape. This will increase the efficiency of the foam tape.
The 3M Soft Edge Foam Masking Tape is available in two sizes: 1/2" or 3/4" which makes it compatible with differently sized jambs and other parts.
Advantages of using the 3M Soft Edge Foam Masking Tape
- In comparison to flat masking tapes that can leave paint lines, the soft edge tapes have a 3-dimensional construction and are almost undetectable once applied
- It can seal door jambs and other openings and protect them from being over painted
- The tape can also keep dust and contaminants away, to protect your freshly completed paint job
- Fast, effective method masks and seals all jambs
- Adhesive allows repositioning of tape
- Tape withstands paint booth bake cycles
- Polyurethane foam structure tape conforms to curves and bends