A specially engineered tape that is slit to provide pull-out pieces for paint striping.
Achieve precision in your auto body paint striping jobs with 3M Scotch Fine Line Striping Tape. With a time-saving ability, this 1" wide scotch tape maintains fine lines since it is specially designed with a pre-slit. All you need to do is apply the tape and effortlessly pull out up to eight 1/16" wide strips. This process will expose the areas you want to paint. The tape is backed with a film and will not absorb paint. The adhesive does not leave behind any residue and does not bleed. It also exposes the tight paintable areas easily and makes them ready for detailed auto striping.
The scotch line striping tape is an easy solution for masking. Since it is pre-slit, a repair expert will just need to remove the 1/8" or 1/16" insert to create stripes. The polypropylene film is sturdy and tough, yet flexible. It can withstand both solvent and waterborne coatings. Such a quality makes the striping tape great for use in multicolor striping.
The 3M Scotch Fine Line Striping Tape enables even adhesion, and it can be taped over fresh basecoats earlier than the other striping tapes available on the market. There is a lower likelihood of imprinting with this striping tape. The useful 3M Scotch Fine Line Striping Tape ensures that auto body technicians do not need to spend extra time masking before paint striping jobs.
Key Features of the 3M Scotch Fine Line Striping Tape:
- Quick and simple masking solution for paint striping applications
- Pre-slit tape can be easily torn in inserts of two different sizes to create stripes
- Strong polypropylene film withstands both waterborne and solvent coatings to allow multicolor striping
- Suitable for application on freshly painted or enamel surfaces
- Has an even adhesion with little chance of imprinting
- Roll Length: 550"
- Roll Width: 1"
- No. of Pull-Outs: 8; 1/16" each
- Weight: 4 oz
- Product Dimensions: 3.3" x 0.8" x 0.7"
Write a Review
By Mark Vasey on Jul 16, 2014
By on Jul 10, 2015