3M Precision Masking Tape is the perfect product for creating sharp, clean, precise paint lines. It is engineered with and ultra-thin, smooth paper backing so that you can achieve sharp paint lines when used with both solvent and waterborne paint systems.
Because this tape appears thinner than others, you would think it would be hard to remove when you are done painting. That is not the case. This tape removes from surfaces without tearing or leaving adhesive residue behind.
3M Precision Masking Tape is created with a acrylic adhesive. This adhesive provides excellent UV resistance. The semi-transparent backing allows the painter better visibility for color separation and nameplate or door handle masking applications.
Unwinding the tape is no problem and the tape tears easily by hand so you get the perfect length every time. Even though it tears easily by hand, the tape is strong enough to pull through multiple layers of base and clear coat. The smooth backing and even adhesion of the tape allows for taping over surfaces that you just painted without leaving any imprint damage.
Ideal for critical edge masking applications such as two-tone separation, bumper black out areas and back masking with solvent and waterborne paints.
- 3M Precision Masking Tape is made with a strong yet ultra-thin, ultra-smooth paper backing producing sharp paint lines with both solvent and waterborne paint systems
- Removes easily without tearing or adhesive transfer
- Mint Green Color
- Suitable for use with solvent and waterborne paints
- Semi-transparent, ultra smooth paper backing
- Get sharp paint lines
- Allows taping over freshly painted surfaces sooner with less chance of imprinting
- Rolls are 180ft longth in varying widths