This 3M Acryl-Red Putty restores smooth, flawless surfaces by filling small pinholes, scratches, stone chips and other minor blemishes in automotive and marine finishes. This putty also leaves smooth edges with quality feathering and low shrinkage offers better final results.
- Good general purpose putty.
- Fills small pinholes and scratches.
- Spreads and sands easily, dries fast, has minimum shrinkage and excellent adhesion.
- It loads paper less and feathers out to a smooth surface.
- Great for small or medium repairs
- Easy to apply
- Works best when applied over primer or polyester body filler
- Red color paste
- 14.5 fl. oz. tube
Directions for Use:
- Do not apply when ambient temperatures are below 55°F or above 110°F. Use in a well ventilated area away from sparks or open flame. (Do not apply material below the water line unless top coating.)
- For best results apply only over clean primed surfaces. (Use compressed air to remove any dust contamination).
- Apply using a plastic or metal spreader pressing the putty firmly into the imperfections; keep the application thickness to 1/16" or less. Apply in thin coats instead of one thick application.
- Allow to dry prior to sanding. Sand (wet or dry) using 3M abrasives in the following sequence: P180, P220, P320. Note: As with any putty, longer drying times will occur with high humidity, thick applications and low temperatures.
- Re-clean surface prior to priming or top coating. (Follow paint manufacturer's recommendation for priming and top coating).
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warning.ca.gov.