If you plan to correct automobile paint for a great new finish, then it is time to pick up the 3M 3" Pistol Grip Random Orbital Sander. The first choice of professionals and DIY-ers alike, this orbital sander can very easily remove scratches, paint swirls, and flaws in no time at all. With steady hands and a bit of skill, you are all set to give your car a brand new finish.
Why should you sand automobiles before painting?
It is critically important to sand away old paint before beginning to paint your vehicle. The process of sanding helps in removing imperfections, dings, scratches and cracks and provides a smooth surface. A well-sanded car makes settling of paint easier and experiences fewer sanding problems post painting.
Key Features of the 3M 3" Pistol Grip Random Orbital Sander:
- Intended specifically for use in the automotive market
- This tool is extremely lightweight and provides excellent balance
- The pistol-grip is designed to help you sand hard-to-reach areas such as bumpers, door jambs, headlight lens and more with absolute ease
- The composite body provides better durability and feel and has lesser possibility of marring when bumped against surfaces
- .45 HP motor
- 5/16-24 external shaft mounts directly to disc pad for lower profile and better tool control
- Includes 1 Hookit pad
Specifications of the 3M Pistol Grip Orbital Sander:
- 3" diameter
- 1/8" Orbit
- MOS 15,000 RPM
- 3" Hookit back-up pad included