The USC Half Time Glazing Putty is a one-step filler and specially formulated putty that enables filling and glazing in a single application, cutting down the time you take to repair and sand. Because it adheres to different substrates, this putty works like a premium quality body filler when you apply it and sands like a finishing putty. This putty can work on galvanized metal too.
You can use this versatile glazing putty for leveling out surface imperfections and for minor body work. Suitable for imperfections that are 1/8" thick or less, the putty can repair chips, sand scratches, and pinholes. You can also apply it as a finish coat over a body filler.
What substrates are suitable for application?
- Body filler
- Aged, sanded OEM topcoats
- 2K primers
- Galvanized and other zinc-coated steel
How to use the USC Half Time Glazing Putty
- Surface Preparation:Clean the surface by removing oil, dirt and grease. You can use a cleaning solvent. Dry the surface and ensure there is no moisture on it before you begin the repair job.
- Mixing: Mix putty with the included hardener at room temperature using a plastic mixing board. Mix them on a clean surface in the ratio of 50:1 (putty and hardener). Use a plastic spreader to mix them thoroughly with a folding action.
- Application: Use a plastic spreader to apply a thin layer of filler to the surface. You need to use firm pressure for absolute adhesion. Apply additional layers to build up damaged area higher than the surface that surrounds. This will give you room for sanding the putty as required. Do not use this mixture over fresh uncured coatings.
- Finishing: Leave the material to harden for 15 minutes and then you can sand it with 100-180 grit sandpaper. Follow it up with 220-400 grit sandpaper if necessary.
- Topcoating: You can use polyester, 2K urethane or 1K primer for a topcoat over the repaired surface.
Key Features of the USC Half Time Glazing Putty:
- One step filler and glaze
- Adheres to a variety of substrates
- Sands and feathers easily
- Does not bleed
- Saves time and effort
- Available in 24 oz tube or 1/2 gallon tub
- Appearance as Packaged: Light Pink
- Packaged: 235 g/l
- Applied: 2.0 g/l
- Weight Per Gallon (Density): 10.0 pounds (Average)
- Maximum Recommended Thickness (sanded): 1/8"
- Viscosity @ 77°F: 132,000 cps
- Gel Time @ 77°F: 3.0 – 4.0 minutes
- Shore "D" Hardness Values @ 24 hours: 60-65
- Sanding Time @ 77°F: 15-20 minutes
- Maximum Heat: 200°F for 30 minutes
- Catalyst Required: Benzoyl Peroxide
- Catalyzation Ratio: 2% by weight (50:1 ratio)
- Exotherm Temperature: 200°F (Average)
- Tack Free Time: 15-20 minutes
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Styrene which is known to the State of California to cause Cancer and Toluene which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.