For a bruised bumper, we recommend the SEM Bumper Repair. Body fillers and spray paints work well for dents but for bumpers, a different product is required. The SEM Bumper Repair is a two component epoxy based filler that easily repairs small damage to the bumper. It can also mend other rigid to semi-rigid plastics.
Key Features of the SEM Bumper Repair:
- The adhesive requires no extra adhesion promoter
- Provides superior adhesion quality
- Gives you a great sanding and feathering edge
- Zero VOC
- Will not shrink or pinhole
- Works well on olefin based plastics along with rigid and semi-rigid plastics
How to prepare the surface before applying the bumper adhesive?
- Remove the plastic piece from your car's bumper
- Work in a dry and warm place for better curing of the adhesive
- Clean with scuff pad, rinse with water and then dry
- Sand with the help of 80 grit paper around the damaged area
- For a 'V' grooved area, grind slowly using a 24 or 36 grit disc
- Wipe the area with prep solvent, when dry
Where can you use the SEM Bumper Repair?
- Door Trims
- Bumper Tabs
- Exterior and Interior Plastic Repairs
- Cosmetic Repairs
How to apply the SEM Bumper Repair?
- If the repair area is large, then you must reinforce the damaged area from the back with reinforcing tape or contour tape
- Clean the back area and grind slowly using 24 or 36 grit disc at low RPM. Apply the Bumper Repair
- After the back area has set, apply the SEM Bumper Repair to the front side and ensure that you eliminate air pockets. Applying higher than the surrounding areas allows you to sand easily
- After the bumper adhesive has cured (15 minutes) sand with 80-grit sandpaper and finish off with an 180-grit sandpaper
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.