Lend a smooth finish - satin or matte - to your vehicle with the Kirker Acrylic Urethane - Hot Rod Black. This single-stage urethane topcoat is much more durable than the flat black primers, or cheap quality paints from the local hardware store. This topcoat exhibits the properties of durability and fade-resistance necessary for restoration work. It is available in satin and matte finishes.
Hot Rod Black provides a neat looking low-luster, uniform finish. It offers exceptional protection against chemicals, ultraviolet rays, and is built tough enough to withstand everyday use. It sprays easily and delivers superior resistance to scuffing, marring and scratching.
This acrylic urethane topcoat is great for a host of applications and it can be used as an accent or for a complete topcoat job on vehicles. In addition, the Hot Rod Black can also be applied to interior parts, under-hood components and chassis. When applied on truck and bus hoods, it can help to reduce sun glare.
Mix it with Ultra-Glo activator in the ratio 3:1. You can add one quart of activator to one 3/4 gallon of this topcoat. It is not necessary that you use a reducer; even if you do, the mix should not have more than 10% reducer.
How to use the Kirker Acrylic Urethane - Hot Rod Black
- Prepare surface by removing traces of grease, wax, oil and other contaminants with a detergent wash, followed by a solvent wash. Abrade surface with a 600-800 grit sandpaper to promote sufficient adhesion to surface. Re-clean with final wash cleaner before using the topcoat.
- Mix topcoat with activator in the ratio 3:1 by volume. Using a reducer is optional.
- Use a siphon feed, gravity feed or HVLP gun for application of Hot Rod Black in two medium coats for obtaining the necessary coverage. Leave a flash time of 5 to 10 minutes between coats. At 68°F, it sets to touch within 20 minutes and dries within an hour. Leave it for 18-24 hours for a full cure.
Key Features of the Kirker Acrylic Urethane - Hot Rod Black:
- Choice of two finishes - matte and satin
- Choice of two intensities of activators - medium and slow
- Quick and easy mix ratio of 3 parts urethane and 1 part activator
- Does not require additional reduction; reducer is optional and not more than 10% if used
- Available as a high solids formula
- Delivers exceptional flexibility, flow and leveling, and coverage
- Stays durable for years, withstands chemicals and UV
- Shows improved resistance to stone chips, marring, and scratching
- Color sample shown for visual purposes only and is not 100% color accurate
- Color accurate chips available on request
- Available in 3/4 qt or 3/4 gal sizes
- Appearance: Black paint (satin or matte finish when dried)
- Weight per Gallon: 8.3 lbs
- Package Measure: 3/4 U.S. gallon / 96 fl. oz. (2.84 liters)
- Packaged VOC: 4.0 lbs/gallon (479 grams/L)
- Made in the USA
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.