Safe to Use on All Thoroughly Cured Painted Surfaces
Here’s the perfect product for protecting hard-to-mask surfaces - the 3M Overspray Masking Liquid Dry. You can spray it onto a substrate and it will dry into a clear, protective film. It can be used on any thoroughly cured painted surface to protect the surface from paint, primer, sealer, base color or clear coat oversprays and will protect the paint from attracting dirt or dust.
The 3M Overspray Masking Liquid Dry can be applied with a traditional spray tool and it's effective with solvent or water-based paint systems. As a result, you can use this product in both body bays and paint bays while applying primers or paints. When the painting job is complete, the protective 3M Overspray Masking Liquid Dry can be removed easily. Remove the tape applied to the repair area, spray water on the entire vehicle and allow it to soak for a couple of minutes; this will let the masking layer loosen and dissolve. Simply wash the vehicle using a sponge or mitt for faster results.
Please keep in mind that this overspray masking liquid from 3M protects surfaces from light oversprays and not from direct application of paint or primer. Use this product in your shop to make repair work simpler and more economical. Special Features of the 3M Overspray Masking Liquid Dry:
- Can be sprayed onto surfaces
- Dries to a clear, protective layer without creating bulky masking layers
- You can see through this coating when it is applied on glass
- Easy to use on hard-to-mask areas
- The film lightly bonds onto the vehicle
- Protects vehicle surfaces from paint oversprays
- The film will not flutter with any air movement, allowing you to produce a clean paint job
- Available in 1 gallon bottle or 5-gallon bucket
- 1 gallon can cover approximately 400 square feet, which translates to 4-5 average sized automobiles
- Drying time - 30 minutes