high quality, heavy-bodied, general purpose, moisture-curing seam sealer for interior and exterior body joints. Features
- Excellent adhesion to primed metal and aluminum
- Fast curing and immediately paintable
- Very low solvent percentage
- Excellent shelf life
- No problems with alcohol-containing solvents
- Minimal opportunity for bond failure
- No need to wait to move the car into the paint area
- Minimal airborne solvent during curing process
- Product stays usable for longer than standard seam sealers
- Product will cure even if contacted with alcohol-containing solvents
- Fewer comebacks for seam sealer failure
- Save and make money by eliminating time waiting to paint seam sealer
- Minimal solvent odor or health issues
- Less product waste because past its shelf life
- No rework because solvents inhibited seam sealer cure
- Container: 310 ml Flexpak
- Base: Modified Silane Polymer
- Density lbs/Gallon (Appx.): 11.9
- Color: White
- Flash Point: 144°F
- Viscosity (CPS) Brookfield Viscometer: 1,000,000 CPS
- Solids Content (Appx.): 97%
- Consistency: Heavy Paste
- General purpose automotive seams, including door skins, rocker panels, rear body panels, trunk seams, floor pans, etc.
- Cold Temperature Resistance @ -20°F: (Remains Flexible)
- Heat Resistance - 8 Weeks @ 200°F: (No Degradation)
- Primed Metal: Excellent (Cohesive Failure)
- Bare Metal: Excellent (Cohesive Failure)
- Tensile- Appx. 120 PSI
- Elongation- Appx. 350%
Directions for Use
- Always apply over automotive primer. Applying over bare metal will not provide enough corrosion protection. Acid etching primer is not recommended; if used, be sure to allow to fully cure before applying seam sealer, or residual acid can weaken the bond.
- If necessary after priming, clean and dry surface with 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner, PN 08984. Do not use an adhesive cleaner until the primer has fully cured.
- Install foil package into barrel of 3M Flexible Package Applicator Gun, P.N. 08398.
- Using a scissors, cut a small opening across the top end of package and fold back flaps.
- Place nozzle over the opened end onto the gun barrel.
- Replace the retaining collar.
- Cut nozzle to provide desired bead size.
- Apply seam sealer and tool (if necessary) to desired finished appearance. Alcohol solvents will not stop the curing process.
- The product is immediately paintable. If tooled with solvent, allow solvent to fully evaporate before painting.
- After use, dispose of both nozzle and empty package.
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warning.ca.gov.