Permanently Converts Rust and Readies for Primer and Topcoat
If rust on your vehicle bothers you no end, then it is time to use the 3M Mar-Hyde One-Step Rust Converter. This product works well to arrest rust traces. This formula is specifically designed to neutralize rust and also prevent it from spreading further. The formula chemically reacts to convert rust into a black, hard, insoluble, protective primer sealer or topcoat.
The water based latex contains rust modifiers that can be applied directly over tightly bonded rust on steel or iron. Remove loose surface rust with the help of a wire brush before applying and leave out just enough rust for conversion. With absolutely no dilution or mixing, this product helps in saving cost and time too. The product works well on rusted ferrous metal substrates and can be used for industrial, marine, auto body, and home applications.
How to use the 3M™ Mar-Hyde One-Step Rust Converter?
- The 3M Mar-Hyde Rust Converter cannot convert a sand-blasted or non-rusted surface
- Brush this product onto the rusted area and we recommend applying 3-4 thin coats instead of a single heavy coat, which may produce a thick film and cause slow drying
- Provide a drying window between applications for a good finish
- Provide a full 24 hours of drying time for final coat
- Remove excess or non-converted Rust Converter to increase adhesion of filler or primer
- After application, the rusted surface will change from white to purple and then to a black coating
Key Features of the 3M™ Mar-Hyde One-Step Rust Converter:
- Converts rust into a hard, black primer sealer
- Kills rust and prepares surface for topcoat and primer
- For use on Iron & Steel (except galvanized)
- Does not need special equipment to apply. Can be applied with a brush
- Effective on new degreased or mild steel where flash-rusting has taken place
- No dilution necessary
- Sprays on clear, turns black as it reacts with rust
- Estimated coverage: 6-7 sq. ft. (2-3 thin coats)
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.