Reinforce strength and a finish that lasts long on holes, cracks, tears and rusted panels with the USC Duraglas Fiberglass Body Filler. This fiberglass filled filler works well on metal and fiberglass panels and has a waterproof quality, promoting durability. Containing short strand fiberglass fillers, this blue-green color filler works on a variety of substrates, such as aluminum, wood, fiberglass, concrete and masonry.
What are the applications of fiberglass body filler?
You can use this filler for rust repairs, or for filling out cracks and holes in fiberglass. Suiting automotive repair applications, this filler works well on weld areas and bond seams.
How to prepare the surface before body filler application
In case you are looking to repair dents, cracks, holes, or rusted metal, then fasten, weld or anchor the panels you need to fill so that they do not separate or crack post filler application. Use a 24 or 36 grit sandpaper to sand damaged area. Clean the surface properly to rid it of oil, dirt, grease, wax, rust, dirt and other unwanted impurities that can interfere with the application and prevent desired results. Leave the area to dry or use a clean, dry cloth that is lint-free so that no unwanted particles settle on the surface.
If it is a broken fiberglass you want to restore to its original condition, cut out the damaged fiberglass and ‘V’ groove the sides to make them suitable for repair. To fix large holes, cut fiberglass cloth or screen to conceal the hole and extend back into the side. Small holes, dents and cracks do not require fiberglass repair.
How to use fiberglass filler for repairing imperfections
- Ensure both the filler and supplied cream hardener is at room temperature. Mix properly from top to bottom and knead hardener tube. Use 2% hardener by weight of the filler (or 50:1 ratio). Blend them together with rapid and forceful movements. Following the right proportion of hardener is essential to get desired results.
- Coat one side of the fiberglass cloth properly with the mixture and put it over the hole with the mixture side on top of the prepared surface. Use a spreader to flatten and smooth around edges to eliminate air bubbles and to promote adhesion.
- Use gentle pressure to press the center of the cloth to create a slight dip. Let some room be for the next coat of the filler mixture. Leave it for 10-15 minutes to cure.
- Prepare a mixture of additional filler and hardener as required to apply to the area along the original application’s contours.
For finishing the repaired surface, sand for about 15-20 minutes, after which you can featheredge repaired area to desired contour.
Key Features of the USC Duraglas Fiberglass Body Filler:
- Short-Strand Fiberglass Filled: provides a neat filling of imperfections
- Rustproof and Waterproof: ensures durability of application
- Versatile: can be applied on both metal or fiberglass panels
- Available Sizes: Quart or Gallon size
Technical Data Sheet
This item can only ship by ground within
the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, &
International delivery not available.