The U-Pol Fibral Lite Sandable Fiber Glass Putty is a special ‘short strand fiberglass putty’ that is best for sealing holes in both steel and fiberglass panels. The short-stranded structure makes it easy to apply and sand on different surfaces. Professionals like you could use it to top coat with putty or paint. Once applied, the putty hardens into a sturdy surface.
Fiberglass is made up of very fine strands of glass that are woven into different patterns to make a flexible material. It is quite light and is nowadays commonly used in insulation, sound proofing, and other areas. The U-Pol Fibral Lite Sandable Fiber Glass Putty can be used on different surfaces including:
For best results, please use the following mixing ratio:
- Steel (has to be degreased and abraded with 80 grit sandpaper)
- Completely cured painted surfaces (has to be degreased and abraded with 180 grit sandpaper)
- Fiberglass (has to be degreased and abraded with 80 grit sandpaper)
- 100% by weight U-Pol Fibral Lite: 3% by weight U-Pol Hardener for putty. Keep in mind that even though the ratio need not be accurate, high or low catalyzation may change the time taken to gel.
Once mixed with a 3% hardener, the powerful putty is non-shrinking and cures rapidly. It sets within 4-5 minutes at about 70ºF. It is usually ready for sanding in about 20 minutes, when the temperature is around 70ºF.
View the Technical Data Sheet
This fiberglass putty is formulated to remain smooth and creamy for easy application. You can be sure that this putty can be applied evenly on vertical surfaces without the fear of it falling off. When you are ready to sand, it is recommended to start with 80-grit sandpaper and finish with finer grades like 120 and finally, 220. A hard, black plate is best suited for rotary sanding equipment and hand sanding can be done wet or dry.
The Repair Process Guide can be viewed here.
Key Features of the U-Pol Fibral Lite Sandable Fiber Glass Putty:
- Short-stranded structure makes it easy to apply and sand on different surfaces
- Best for sealing holes in both steel and fiberglass panels
- Can be used on steel, cured painted surface, and fiberglass
- Easy to use on vertical surfaces
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US. Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.