U-Pol 2K HS Build Gray Primer 4:1 - UP2253
If you are on the project of restoring an old car, then bring in the U-Pol 2K HS Build Gray Primer 4:1 - UP2253. This high-build formula works exceptionally well for spot repairs and fills in minor imperfections with ease. While it improves adhesion of the top-coat, it also enhances the appearance of the surface on which it is applied. Specifically designed to cover large areas, this primer can be used in the ratio of 4:1:1 reducer.
A high-build primer is a usual necessary step after self etch priming. A high build primer is usually used to remove imperfections by adding a comparatively thick coat of paint. This primer has excellent surface leveling properties and builds a film that works perfectly well for spot repairs. While using the primer at door edges ensure that there is no extra paint build-up or they will be prone to chipping.
The U-Pol 2K HS Build Gray Primer 4:1 - UP2253 provides a fast drying finish that allows better edging while providing smooth and rust resistant surface. This ensures the uniformity in top coat.
This wet on wet sealer is best used in the ratio of 4:1:2 reducer. While it is easy to sand, it manages to give a perfect gloss holdout. The primer can be low baked, air dried or I.R.cured. The one gallon can is tintable with up to 10% urethane mixing base.Preparing the Surface for the Primer:
- You will need to use a pre-cleaner or panel prep to degrease while allowing it to dry.
- The surface must be abraded. For Original Paint, use Wet sand P320 or Dry sand P280. For Bare Metal you may have to abrade with P180. (Aluminium and for zinc coated steel Coat with 1-2 light coats of ACID #8 1K etch primer. Allow 20 minutes drying.)
- GRP, SMC, Glass fibre, Polyester Filler: Dry sand P240. E-coat: UP2252 is suitable for direct application to unabraded E-coated panels.
- Use a System 20 Degreaser for degreasing.
- When dry sand down primer, wet sand P800 or Dry sand P320, repeat Step 1. Apply basecoat and clearcoat e.g. S2083.
- Levels surface evenly by building an excellent film over the surface
- Hides imperfections well and provides better opacity
- Sands easily and provides better gloss holdout
- Primer that covers a large surface area
- Apply to metal surface directly
- Available in 1 gallon cans
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.
- Suggested Products
- Similar Products
- People Who Bought This Also Bought