Blend Away Your Overspray!
The Transtar Melt Away Edge Blender is an amazing product that melts away the edges left by primer, sealer, or clearcoat oversprays. It can improve the efficiency of your paint jobs by blending the overspray and leaving the final panel or entire vehicle with soft edges. It is perfect for use with both medium and high solid clearcoats. Click Safety Data Sheet for more details.
The Melt away Edge Blender comes with a new spray tip and valve, which you can assemble for superior spraying capacity and uniform application. The product is easy to use, extremely accurate, and versatile enough to be used with every type of repair that happens in your body shop or garage.
Use the Melt Away Edge Blender to blend on spot repairs. Such repairs usually leave an extra interface between the old cured coating and the fresh clearcoat. If not treated efficiently, the new interface can soon dry up to create a very visible dry edge. This is where the Edge Blender works so well. Learn more about the product, Technical Data Sheet available in English and Spanish.
How to Apply the Transtar Melt Away Edge Blender:
- Apply the final coat of primer, sealer, or clearcoat
- Hold the Melt Away can or application gun 8-10" away from the surface and apply a light mist coat right on the edge
- Do not overspray as it can cause the Melt Away to run
- Allow a flash time of a few minutes and if required, apply a second light coat to cover completely any remaining visible edge
- For best results, apply 1 or 2 quick sprays right after the coating is applied; the blend edge will then melt into the coating and reduce the need for buffing or sanding after curing
- Saves you time and effort
- Is UV stable, which means that it will not damage the primer, sealer, or clear coating
- Available in 20 fl. oz. aerosol can
- Color: Clear
- Aerosol% V.O.C.: 99%
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.