The Spray Max 2K Epoxy Rust Cure Primer is an efficient aerosol primer that shows properties of exceptional adhesion, corrosion resistance, and flawless fill. Since this is a ready-to-use primer, all you need to do is activate, shake and spray. Gives great results on many substrates such as galvanized steel plate, aluminum, anodized aluminum, old paintwork, UP putty, GRP materials, and non-ferrous metal. This matte finish primer filler has a long application life.
How to use Spray Max 2K Epoxy Rust Cure Primer
- For pretreatment, remove existing rust with an efficient cleaner
- Shake the can well for a couple of minutes before activating
- Take off the red push button from the cap
- Turn the can 180 degrees to access the base of the can. Put the push button on the pin at the base.
- Turn the can with the cap upside down on a steady base
- Use your thumb to press the trigger to the very limit
- Once activated, shake the can properly once again for a couple of minutes
A distinct nozzle, built into this aerosol can, provides a spray gun finish and professional paint results. Adhere to the drying times before you coat the primer with paints. Combining the advantages of faster work speed, broader spray pattern, and lesser overspray, the Spray Max 2K Epoxy Rust Cure Primer is your go-to choice of primer filler even on critical substrates.
Key Features of the Spray Max 2K Epoxy Rust Cure Primer:
- Shows strong adhesion quality on a host of substrates
- Resists corrosion and lasts long
- Innovative nozzle gives spray gun-like results
- Provides good insulation effect, particularly underwater tunneling
- Easy to recoat with commonly available 1K and 2K top and base coat systems
- Convenient aerosol dispersion
- Provides professional paint results
- Long pot life
- Sands well and shows good atomization properties
- Easy to use and time-saving
- Basis of raw material:
- base material: two-component epoxy resins
- hardener: aliphatic amines
- VOC value: < 663 g/l < 265 g/aerosol
- Solid content: 50 – 53 % per weight related to the active substances without consideration of the propellant
- Coverage: Approx. 0.75 – 1 m² / aerosol at approx. 30 – 50 µm dry film thickness
- Degree of gloss: Matte
- Shelf life: 36 months
- Spray application:
- 2 spray applications = approx. 70µm
- Interim flash off approx. 10-15min.
- Final flash off approx. 30min before furnace or IR drying
- Touch dry: 5h at 20°C
- Dust dry: 15min at 20°C
- Drying times:
- Sandable: 12h at 20°C or 30min at 60°C object temperature
- Sandable after 1h IR drying
- Dry sand with P400-P500
- Wet sand with P800
- After 20-30min / 20°C (as soon as matte stripped)
Technical Data Sheet
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.