Use the SEM Self-Etching Primer Aerosol for yourself and realize how effective this product can be. It is designed to provide superior adhesion, especially to auto body steel, aluminum, and stainless steel parts. The primer provides superior overall finish and works for spot cleaning too. Depending on your need, you can also buy it in gallons and quarts.
Key Features of the SEM Self-Etching Primer Aerosol:
- Self-etching primer has superior adhesion to auto body steel, aluminum, and stainless steel
- Provides a superior overall finish
- Recommended for use under primer surfacers and is compatible with almost all automotive paint systems available on the market
- The primer dries fast and is easy to sand
- 15.5 oz. aerosol cans
- Available in 3 colors: black, gray, and green
Preparation and Application SEM Self-Etching Primer Aerosol:
- Use the 38373 SEM Solve or 38381 World Class Surface Cleaner to clean the surface thoroughly
- Apply the cleaning products according to the given directions
- Sand with 180 grit sandpaper for overall finishing
- Sand with 320 grit sandpaper for spot repairs
- Clean again with 38373 or 38381
- Mix the primer by shaking the can well and apply 2-3 light coats, just enough to hide the required spots
- Provide 5-10 minutes between coats
- Provide 1 hour for the topcoat
Keep in mind that ‘Lifting’ may occur if you apply too much primer or if you paint over it too soon. If your spray gun is clogged, you can remove the spray button and clean it with VOC compliant products. Replace the spray button gently.
Store the special primer in a cool, dry and properly ventilated place. Keep it away from heat, sparks, and flames. Follow these instructions to keep the primer working well for three years.
Technical Data Sheet
Black Aerosol MSDS
Gray Aerosol MSDS
Green Aerosol MSDS
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.