Ranger Heavy-Duty Combination Brake Lathe - RL-8500XLT
Capable of Truing a Full 10-Inch Deep Drum Brake
Within the 48 Contiguous United States
Within the 48 Contiguous United States
The Heavy-Duty RL-8500XLT Combination Brake Lathe features an extended capacity spindle and can turn a drum that's up to 10-inches deep. The longer spindle and the relocated rear bushing provide the RL-8500XLT arbor with enough support to handle your heaviest drum rotors.
The durably crafted RL-8500XLT resurfaces brakes quicker and more precisely than any other lathing unit on the market today. Like the RL-8500, the RL-8500XLT features unlimited feed rate settings, allowing the user to modify resurfacing rates with an easy turn of the dial. Now you can decrease or amplify the cut duration for the perfect finish regardless of if you're rushing through the first rough cut or performing a single-pass micro-finish. Comes with a strong bench plus ample tool storage backboards, so all your adapters are always nearby.
The RL-8500XLT represents the future of brake lathing technology while maintaining the classic design auto pros and technicians are most familiar with. BY implementing DC servo motor controls for the cross feed and spindle feed drives, we've removed any need for cumbersome mechanical gear boxes and transmissions used in older brake lathes. Effectively, the RL-8500XLT drastically decreases lifetime repair and maintenance cost when compared to other lathing units. One of the common problems that plague other brake lathes is the vibration and chatter transfer that directly affects the tool-tip and leaves an imperfect cut on the machined surface.
Plenty of storage on the backboard to keep your tooling close at hand, a durable multi-compartment toolbox for adapters and a large chip "catch" funnel plus chip bin to keep your workspace both clean and safe.
From Rotors to Drums and Back Again
A handy quick-change tool-head design gives operators the ability to easily change the setup from drums to rotors and vice-versa. Up-front controls are designed for minimal operator movement. A convenient tooling tray is positioned near the front of the lathe, so you can keep your preferred tools nearby.
A Complete Tooling Package Comes Standard
Micro-dial twin tool cutter, boring bar, inside floating adapters, self-aligning spacer, outside floating adapter, centering cones, spacers, double-taper adapters, hub-less adapters, carbide cutting tools, 6-sided carbide cutting inserts, 1" arbor, arbor nut, back load spring, spare bulb for lamp, illustrated instruction manual, wrenches, high-impact anti-vibration bands, storage case and more all come standard with the RL-8500XLT.
Adjustable Work Lamps
Keeps your work area properly lighted, even in the darkest corners of your shop. Separate switch lets you turn on or off at your convenience.
Clear Debris Guard
Clear Plexiglass safety shield protects the user without obstructing the view.
Adjust the cross feed stop to automatically cease lathing after the cut is made.
Features & Specs:
- Rear bushing location provides extra support for the arbor
- Capable of truing even the heaviest drum rotors
- Quick-Change Adapter-Plus system with built-in springs eliminates the need for conventional bell clamps and cones
- Works on all cars or trucks, both foreign and domestic, with hub-less drums, rotors (center hole sized 2-5/32" - 4") and composite rotors (center hole sized 4" - 6-1/4")
- Infinitely variable spindle and cross feed speed settings allow for quick rough and precision finish cuts
- Simple ergonomic controls are designed for minimal operator movement
- Legendary control makes unit easy to learn and master
- Exclusive "splash-lube" oil-feed system supplies a constant flow of oil to the bearings making sure they provide years of trouble-free service
- Positive rake cutter tip angle provides for a single-pass finish virtually every time, allowing you to complete your work faster than with inferior multi-pass lathes
- Motor Drive Unit: 115-230 VAC / 50-60 Hz / 1 Ph / 20 amp
- Max Rotor Thickness: 2-1/2"
- Max Rotor Diameter: 17"
- Brake Drum Diameter: 6" - 28"
- Max Load w/ Standard 1" Arbor: 150 lbs.
- Spindle Travel: 9-7/8"
- Spindle Speed: 150 rpm
- Overall Mounted Height: 62"
- Required Floor Space (Width): 53"
- Required Floor Space (Depth): 36"
This product ships by truck freight.
- Suggested Products
- Similar Products
- People Who Bought This Also Bought