Ranger Combination Brake Lathe - RL-8500
The rugged built RL-8500 provides a faster, more accurate, and easier resurfacing capability than any other brake lathe in its class. An infinitely variable speed controller means you’re able to turn rotors and drums faster and get one‐cut micro‐finish performance every time you use it.
The complete lathe package includes lathe, sturdy bench, and large tool storage backboards allowing you to hang all adapters within easy reach.
The revolutionary RL-8500 uses independent DC servo motors to control the cross feed and spindle feed drives eliminating the need for complex mechanical gear boxes and transmissions typically found on mechanically‐driven lathes. The absence of gear‐driven mechanical drives and variable‐speed transmission devices reduces service and repair costs dramatically over the term of ownership. Vibration and chatter from gears, bearings and mechanical drive parts is eliminated ‐ vibration typically transferred to the tool‐tip leaving irregular cuts in the machined finish. Infinitely adjustable feed rates mean you have the ability to easily modify cut speeds with the simple turn of a dial. This allows you to reduce or increase the cut‐time for best finish results whether speeding through an initial rough cut or a one‐pass micro‐finish.
The RL8500 was designed to provide the features and performance you need making it the soundest investment you've ever considered, and providing more utility, flexibility and productivity than you've ever imagined. The RL8500 is flexible enough for both high‐torque, heavy‐duty cutting as well as your finest one‐pass finish cut operations. The legendary control of our RL8500 makes using it easy to learn and simple to operate.Features:
- Rather than mechanically‐driven transmission and gear boxes, the RL8500 uses precision electric DC servo motors designed to meet the demanding requirements of industrial motion control.
- Quick‐Change Adapter‐Plus system eliminates the need for conventional bell clamps and cones and features built‐in springs so you don’t lose them. Works on foreign and domestic car and truck hubless drums and rotors 2‐5/32” to 4” center‐hole and composite rotors 4” to 6 1/4” center‐hole.
- Equipped with features that help increase your service capability, like precision twin cutter tools and a quick drum‐to‐rotor changeover.
- Infinitely variable spindle and cross feed speed settings allow for quick rough and precision finish cuts. Simple ergonomic controls are designed for minimal operator movement.
- Maintains accuracy year after year thanks to rugged construction like a forged, hardened and precision ground spindle that resists grooving and eliminates the need for boots. Massive tapered spindle bearings offer superior weight support during rotation.
- Exclusive "splash‐lube" oil‐feed system supplies a constant flow of oil to the bearings making sure they provide years of trouble‐free service.
- Serpentine belts provide a faster, quieter operation and reduce chatter and vibration.
- An independent cross‐feed motor eliminates the need for plastic or bronze shear‐gears which are expensive and timely to replace.
- Convenient top storage tray means your popular adapters and tools are kept within easy reach.
- Separate motors on the drum and rotor feed help maximize the main motor's efficiency.
- Deluxe standard adapter package includes a Quick‐Change hubless adapter system that makes mounting rotors and drums quick and easy. A variety of adapters lets you machine all standard and composite rotors for foreign and domestic cars and light trucks.
- 450‐pound cast iron body and a solid work bench eliminates transient vibrations ensuring a smooth uninterrupted surface finish with each pass.
- Easily change arbor speeds in seconds. Choose 150 or 250 RPM depending on the job.
- Positive rake cutter tip angle provides for a one pass finish virtually every time, allowing you to complete your work faster than multi‐pass lathes.
- Overall Height - Mounted on Bench: 62" / 1575 mm
- Floor Space Needed - Width: 49" / 1245 mm
- Floor Space Requirements - Depth: 36" / 914 mm
- Spindle to Floor - Mounted on Bench: 39-1/2" / 1003 mm
- Electrical Requirements Standard: 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, Single-Phase, 20 Amps
- Spindle Travel: 6-7/8" / 175mm
- Spindle Speed - Inner Groove: 150 RPM
- Spindle Speed - Outer Groove: 200 RPM
- Cross Feed Speed: infinitely Variable / 0 - .010" Per Revolution (0 - 0.25 Mm/Rev)
- Spindle Feed Speed: infinitely Variable / 0 - .020" Per Revolution (0 - 0.55 Mm/Rev)
- Spindle Travel: 6-7/8" / 175 mm
- Maximum Brake Rotor Diameter: 17" / 432 mm
- Maximum Brake Rotor Thickness: 2-1/2" / 63.5 mm
- Brake Drum Diameter: 6" - 28" / 152 mm - 711 mm
- Maximum Load - w/ Standard 1" Arbor: 150 Lbs / 68 Kg
- Maximum Load - w/ 1-7/8" Truck Arbor: 250 Lbs / 113 Kg (truck adapters sold separately part# 7003)
This product ships by truck freight.
- Suggested Products
- Similar Products
- People Who Bought This Also Bought