OTC Camshaft Holding Tool - 525217
Utilize this OTC tool when correcting camshaft timing for accurate adjustments, or when aligning cams after a timing belt replacement.
To prevent damage to valves and pistons, do not rotate the crankshaft and/or camshaft(s) when removing timing chain(s) and installing cylinder heads. Because this is not a freewheeling engine, if it has "jumped time," there will be damage to valves and/or pistons which will require the removal of the cylinder heads.
The following is a basic synopsis of how to properly use this product when correcting camshaft timing:
- Rotate the engine to the Top Dead Center No. 1 (TDC #1) cylinder. Misalignments originating from this step could cause catastrophic engine failure if timing is invalid.
- Install the No. 525217 Camshaft Holding Tool onto the machined centers of both the intake and exhaust camshafts. Evenly torque the four clamping bolts on the tool to 15 ft-
lbs (20 N•m).
- Proceed with your timing adjustment, loosening and removing this tool when adjustments are completed.
This cam holding tool is designed to be used with dual cams in the following makes, models and years of vehicles:
- 1993–1998 Lincoln Mark serie
- 1995–2002 Lincoln Continental
- 1996–2004 Ford Mustang
- 2003–2004 Mercury Marauder
- 2003–2004 Ford 4.6L 4-valve V8, VIN Code H, R, V, Y
- 2003–2004 Lincoln Aviator
Exception=Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value 'C1371' to data type int.
There are no comments for this product.