The Kirker Enduro Prime Epoxy Primer is a two-component epoxy primer known to be free of isocyanates and lead chromate. This primer shows exceptional adhesion qualities and tremendous resistance to corrosion. It dries quickly and retains color much longer. Available in gray, white, and black colors in one quart and one gallon sizes, this epoxy primer is made in the USA.
This epoxy primer provides a strong and durable foundation for partial and total repair work. Suitable for application on a variety of substrates such as fiberglass, body fillers, aluminum, prepared steel and factory finishes, this epoxy will not lose its quality when you sand it after 2-3 days of application.
How to prepare the surface for using the Kirker Enduro Prime Epoxy Primer
- Sand surface to remove rust or to neutralize any traces of oxidation.
- Remove all traces of wax, silicone, oil and grease with detergent wash. Follow it up with a solvent wash.
- Abrade substrate with 180 grit sandpaper and re-clean with final wash cleaner.
- If you want to enhance adhesion to bare metal, a chemical pre-treatment will help.
- Factory finishes will go through these same steps of surface preparation except that they need to be abraded with 320-400 grit sandpaper.
How to use the Kirker Enduro Prime Epoxy Primer
- Mix this epoxy primer with the epoxy catalyst in a 1:1 ratio. It does not require any induction time.
- Mix only as much primer as you require to finish the immediate repair job.
- Use one of the spray gun types from conventional siphon feed, conventional gravity feed, and HVLP. Refer to the manufacturer’s specifications for tip size and air pressure.
- Apply one or two wet coats, depending on the desired film build. Leave a flash time of 30 minutes between coats.
- Allow Enduro Prime to stay for 30 minutes before applying the topcoat. When you apply two coats, you need to wait for 45-60 minutes before the topcoat.
Key Features of the Kirker Enduro Prime Epoxy Primer
- Simple 1:1 mix ratio with catalyst
- Does not require any induction time
- Cures fast, fills pits on metal, and can be easily sanded
- Long lasting and resistant to corrosion
- Shows wonderful adherence to bare metal and other substrates
- 3 Colors Available: Black, White or Gray
- Sold in quart or gallon sizes
Prep, Mixing, Application & Cleanup Instructions
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.