The Evercoat Poly-Flex Flexible Polyester Glazing Putty helps in spot filling and skim coating over repair areas on plastic surfaces and bumpers. It helps fix minor imperfections such as dings, scratches, gouges, and nicks on suitable substrates such as flexible plastics, steel, galvanized steel, and several rigid to semi-rigid plastics. You can also make use of the flexible polyester glazing putty to skim coat over repair areas or large surfaces that still have the original paint on them.
How to use the Evercoat Poly-Flex Flexible Polyester Glazing Putty:
- Preparation: Clean and degrease the entire panel to be repaired with soap and water. Follow with a mild cleansing solvent. Dry the surface properly before implementing the repair. Use 80-180 grit sandpaper to scuff the paint and featheredge.
- Mixing: Measure hardener 2% by weight to add from edge to edge across the center of a 4" diameter puddle. Larger puddles will require extra hardener. Mix thoroughly for a uniform color. It sets in 5 – 6 minutes at 72ºF.
- Application: Spread a thin layer over the surface by applying firm pressure. Apply additional layers to build material higher than the surface to enable sanding to the level you want.
- Finish: Sand with 180-grit sandpaper and follow it with 220-320 grit as necessary.
Key Features of the Evercoat Poly-Flex Flexible Polyester Glazing Putty:
- Flowable viscosity aids in filling imperfections
- Non-clog formula
- Easy sanding
- 30-ounce bottle
- Provides superior adhesion to aluminum and galvanized steel
- Helps to skim coat over repair areas or large surface areas that have original paint
- Exceptional adhesion and featheredge on flexible and rigid plastics
- Includes blue cream hardener
Technical Data Sheet
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.