Equalizer® Universal Cowl Moulding - UCM1529
- Ensures a solid adhesive bond of the rubber strip to the cowl after windshield replacement or to simply replace the vehicle’s cowl moulding when it deteriorates, tears, or breaks.
- Universal Cowl Moulding was created to fit easily over the leading edge of many cowls, and is held in place by a butyl strip inside the channel.
- Helps seal the cowling lip and keep water and debris from entering and also gives a clean and finished look to the job.
- Comes in 100 ft. spool. Just cut off your desired length as needed.
- Warm the moulding so that the butyl becomes tacky and will adhere to the cowling panel when fitted. Moulding can be warmed in a variety of ways – leave section out in the sun for a bit if it’s warm, or put it inside the vehicle on top of the dash and turn the defroster on or use Equalizer’s® Hot Pocket Moulding Heater (Part Number MHP139) if it’s cold.
- Once the moulding is warm, start at one side of the vehicle, tuck in the edge of the cowl moulding, lay the moulding flat against the glass and start pressing firmly downward towards the cowl panel so that groove of the moulding encases the lip of the cowl panel.
- Smooth with your thumb as you go to make sure it’s flush to the vehicle and has a nice smooth appearance. When you reach the other side, tuck the end in and you are finished.
- Suggested Products
- Similar Products
- People Who Bought This Also Bought