Use the ready-to-spray Dupli-Color Paint Shop Finishing System Candy Apple Green Paint to create a good quality DIY finish – be it primer, clear or color. This premium lacquer system is well-suited for motorcycle and automotive applications. The Paint Shop Finishing System is a distinct translucent formula that lets the bright metallic surface of the candy basecoat shine through with noticeable sheen and depth. Paint shop can be applied easily, and it dries quickly too.
Since it is a ready-to-spray paint system, you do not need to mix or reduce it. Buff it to a smooth finish if you want, after the paint dries completely. Since this paint does not require a re-coat window, you can apply additional coats any time you want. The Dupli-Color Paint Shop Finishing System Candy Apple Green Paint provides the traditional appearance of a candy-coated finish at an attractive price point.
How to use the Paint Shop Finishing System
- Prepare the surface by cleaning it so that it is dry and free of grease, wax, and oil. Remove rust and corrosion, and scuff the surface if it is glossy so that paint adheres well to the surface.
- Mask off surrounding areas to protect from paint overspray.
- Maintain temperature and humidity levels. A range of 60 degrees F to 95 degrees F is suitable, and humidity must be less than 70%.
- Shake the spray gun for a minute before you start painting. Test on a test surface or cardboard to check if the product is completely mixed.
- Hold the gun 8-10 inches from the surface and spray in an even sweeping motion for smooth application.
- Lacquer paints do not require a re-coat window. Start your paint project with light coats and follow it up with 2-3 medium coats. Ensure the last one or two coats are not too heavy so that the paint does not run or sag.
Key Features of the Dupli-Color Paint Shop Finishing System Candy Apple Green Paint:
- Pre-reduced lacquer
- Ready to spray
- Does not require reducing or mixing
- Applies easily and dries in no time
- Does not need a re-coat window – additional coats can be applied soon after
- Can be wet sanded effortlessly to a smooth, glossy finish
- Must be clear coated
- Suitable for automotive exterior body projects
- Translucent candy color provides depth to your finish
- Paint Type: Lacquer
- Color: Candy Apple Green
- Size: 32 oz. Quart Can
- Application Humidity Level: Less than 60-70%
- Application Temperature: Between 60°F (16°C) and 95°F (35°C)
- Dry to Touch: 1 Hour
- Handle In: 3 Hours
*Color sample shown for visual purposes only and is not 100% color accurate due to varying monitors/printers.
Safety Data Sheet
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.