When you have to remove paint, rust and scale from steel such as in truck or car frames, heavy machinery, farm equipment, tanks, etc., it is necessary to use a product like the Coal Slag Sand Blasting Media - 25 lbs. Coal slag contains 0.1% less silica and is moisture-free. Used only once, the coal slag is not used in cabinet blasters. The coal slag is the most economical abrasive and is the best possible choice for large blast projects. The abrasive is considered to be one of the safest industrial, non-blasting media. It is commonly used for blasting of coated or uncoated metal as well as concrete surfaces.
The Coal Slag media lasts long and also produces very little dust. It is capable of giving a high-degree etch for better bonding. Widely used for the surface preparation of water tanks, ships, bridges, steel constructions, off-shore drilling rigs, rail cars and more, the Coal Slag Sand Blasting Media - 25 lbs is a very versatile abrasive blasting media option.
Uses of the Coal Slag Sand Blasting Media - 25 lbs.:
- Heavy scale removal
- Rust removal
- Paint removal
- Coating removal on heavy-gauge steel
Key Features of the Coal Slag Sand Blasting Media - 25 lbs.:
- Best used for paint and rust removal
- Important part of the sandblasting process
- It is important to select the correct media to ensure desired results
- Contains only .1% free silica, therefore, superior to silica
- Moisture-free and will not pack or absorb moisture
- Media pails are 25lbs of blasting material
- Used in portable blasters
- Fast cutting
- Easy cleanup
- 80-grit sanding
- Material Type: Coal Slag
- Not Recyclable
- Weight: 25 lbs.
- Grade: Coarse
- Made in the USA