The 3M Windo-Weld Ribbon Sealer Kit is intended as a replacement to original equipment butyl installation. It can also be used as a secondary sealant when installing secondary glass with urethane adhesive.
How to apply the 3M Windo-Weld Ribbon Sealer
- Prepare glass by cleaning the glass perimeter with a glass cleaner. Wipe dry with lint-free cloth.
- Remove the glass with the help of the necessary tools.
- Prepare the metal by cleaning it with VOC-compliant 3M Cleaner. This removes contaminants such as grease, grime, oil and more on the surface. Scuff and then prime any bare metal scratches with a primer.
- Apply the 3M Windo-Weld Ribbon Sealer to either the pinchweld or glass. We suggest that you apply the sealer to the pinchweld.
- Start seal from the bottom of side pillar. Line the sealer with the edge of pinchweld with thumb pressure. Do not overlap; instead, butt the ends of the sealer.
- It is important to use the included setting blocks as the 3M Windo-Weld Ribbon Sealer Kits can be tacky and compressible.
- Place glass on the pinchweld
- Ensure that the glass makes contact with the sealant
- Use hand pressure to provide excellent contact and seal
- Paddle sealant around edge
- Perform the water test
- Use the 3M Cleaner to clean the surface of contaminants such as grease, oil, grime, adhesive and more
- This product has a shelf life of 24 months
- Store at room temperature
The 3M Windo-Weld Ribbon Sealer is not to be used for windshield or backglass where OEM urethane was used originally. For certain urethane set applications, the 3M Windo-Weld Ribbon Sealer Kits can be used as a supplementary sealant.
Key Features of the 3M Windo-Weld Ribbon Sealer Kits:
- Contains one roll of sealer and setting blocks
- Its unique feature of controlled compressibility allows easy installation
- Sufficient material to replace one windshield or backlite.
- Available in a variety of widths