3M Strip Calk Black - 08578
Seal joints, voids, seams, and gaps with the 3M Strip Calk Black and this thumb grade seam sealer will permanently fill all such openings effortlessly. This calking product is made from soft butyl rubber material. It stays durable through use and performs repair and maintenance jobs quickly. With a formula that stays pliable at all times, this sealer will not become dry and brittle. All you need to do is thumb 1-foot lengths into the opening and smooth it with your finger. You don’t need any tools or equipment to fill the gaps.
This automobile repair essential applies quickly and does not leave behind any mess. You can paint over strip calk soon after application, and it will not harden, shrink or become brittle. Resistant to high temperatures, this calking material serves many uses. You can use it in engine-compartment temperatures. This strip calk creates a waterproof surface and shows wonderful adhesion properties to paint, glass, metal, and rubber.
Performing auto repair and maintenance jobs is easy with this calking formula. Featuring a non-shrinking quality, it stays put after application - no need to reapply or rework it. The 3M Strip Calk Black delivers the promise of long-lasting performance, thus reducing rework effort and accruing time and money savings.
Key Features of the 3M Strip Calk Black:
- Works as a terrific, flexible sealer to fill joints, voids, gaps, and seams
- Creates a permanent seal that lasts long without rework
- No spraying or other tools required - you can smooth it with your thumb or a finger
- Plugs holes to prevent noise and moisture penetration
- Can be painted immediately after application
- Non-shrinking formula retains its volume after use for a more effective seal
- Resists high temperatures to enable use in a variety of environments
- Container: Box of sixty 1-foot lengths
- Base: Synthetic rubber
- Density lbs/Gallon (Appx.): 16.0
- Color: Black
- Flash Point - °F: > 200 deg F
- Viscosity (CPS) Brookfield Viscometer RVF #4 @ 20 RPM Solids Content (Appx.): 100%
- Consistency: Viscous putty
- Service Temperature: - °F -20 to 200 deg F
- Solvent: N/A
- Size: One-foot lengths
- Heat Resistance 3 Weeks@ 160°F: No Failure (No Cracks)
- Bare Metal Adhesion: Good
- Primed Metal Adhesion: Good
- Aluminum Adhesion: Good
- Glass Adhesion: Good
- Cold Temperature Resistance 2 Weeks @-20°F: No Failure (Remains Flexible)
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.
- Suggested Products
- Similar Products
- People Who Bought This Also Bought