The 3M Stikit Gold Sheet 2-3/4" Sandpaper Rolls is a must-have in every auto body workshop. The sandpaper rolls are available in 400, 320, 220, 180, 150, 120 and 80 grade.
Why is sanding necessary?
Before you paint a vehicle, it is essential that you sand away the old car paint. The proper use of sandpaper helps in smoothing out cracks, dings, and other imperfections and is an important step when restoring a car. If you are restoring an old car or changing the paint color of your vehicle, it is necessary to sand the surface first.
Which sand paper to choose?
If you are planning to sand all the paint and primer away, you may choose a rough 80 grit sandpaper to finish the job quickly. Also, note that low grit sandpaper causes scratches on a vehicle’s surface. To remove all traces of scratches, you may use higher grit paper, such as the ones between 800 and 1000.
- 40 or anything below 100 Grit: removes paint and heavy rust
- 100-200 Grit: prepares metal with rough surface to help body fillers to stick to it
- 200-300 Grit: helps to prep the car for primer
- 300-600 Grit: prepares primer for main basecoat paint
- 600-1000 Grit: removes large paint runs, dirt, and imperfections
Key Features of the 3M Stikit Gold Sheet 2-3/4" Sandpaper Rolls:
- Attaches the sandpaper firmly to the file shoes and blocks
- The sheet rolls come with pressure-sensitive adhesive that enables easy application and removal
- Complete usage of the abrasive surface
- Works well on clearcoat, filler, metal, fiberglass, plastic, putty and paint
- P80 - P180 Gold have C-weight paper backing
- P220 - P500 have A weight paper backing
- 2-3/4" width sheet rolls:
- 45 yard length on P150-P500 grades
- 30 yard length on P100-P120 grade
- 25 yard length on P80 grade