3M Sound Deadening Pads - 08840
The 3M Sound Deadening Pads are best applied on trunk floors, doors, deck lids and other body panels to negate noise and vibration. These self-adhesive pads help in effectively suppressing noise and vibration from the vehicle panels, engine compartments, doors and more.
Made of a mixture of elastomers, fillers and bitumen, the damping pads are designed to be flexible and easy to apply anywhere in your car. The adhesive feature of these pads allows you better adherence to painted and bare metals too. The sound deadening pads replace O.E.M pads and are even embossed with an O.E.M matching diamond pattern with a polyethylene film.
The adhesive side is smooth and has an anti-stick liner. Perforated in the center for easy door panel installation, you can cut the sound deadening pads for customized use too. These pads are compatible with most automotive paints.
How to prepare the surface to use the 3M Sound Deadening Pads
- Keep the application surface free from oil or grease.
- Wash the surface with water and soap to remove water soluble contaminants.
- Use an appropriate VOC compliant product for the removal of surface contaminants. (Refer the 3M Automotive Aftermarket Catalog for a suitable product)
How to apply the 3M Sound Deadening Pads
- Cut the Deadening Pads to the required shape and size with a pair of scissors or a knife.
- Remove the tan paper liner and apply the pads with strong pressure.
- To improve initial adhesion, preheat the pads to 95ºF – 115ºF.
- To paint the deadening pads, peel off the clear protective film from the surface to increase adhesion.
- If you plan to use thicker and heavier application, you may have to stack the pads together, but remember first to remove the protective film between them.
- Size: 500 mm x 500 mm (19" x 19")
- Quantity: 10 pads per box
- Suggested Products
- Similar Products
- People Who Bought This Also Bought