You can use the 3M Scotchlok Electrical Insulation Displacement Connector 314-BOX, Pigtail, Moisture Resistant and Flame Retardant to connect multiple wire ends. It can also insulate the connection and provide a moisture-resistant seal for added protection. This connector comes filled with grease and is flame retardant. It also can protect against corrosion, and is resistant to moisture.
Technical Specifications and Features for 3M Scotchlok Electrical Insulation Displacement Connector 314-BOX, Pigtail, Moisture Resistant and Flame Retardant:
- Maximum Wire Gauge: 14 AWG
- Minimum Wire Gauge: 22 AWG
- Has self-stripping U contacts to provide mechanical strength and electrical conductivity
- Type: IDC
- Insulator: PBT
- Maximum insulation Outer Diameter: 0.150 in/3.8 mm
- Maximum Operating:105oC/221oF
- Maximum Recommended Voltage Rating: 600 V
- Grease Filled to protect against corrosion
- Flame retardant
- Color: Blue
How to use the 3M Scotchlok Electrical Insulation Displacement Connector 314-BOX, Pigtail, Moisture Resistant and Flame Retardant
- Add 2 or 3 unstripped wires into the connector and check their positions by using the translucent connector body
- When holding the tool perpendicular to the wires, make the connection by driving the cap with the top edge of the connector body
We recommend the E-9BM Crimping Tool from 3M with this superior connector. A crimping tool is typically used to join two segments of metals by deforming either one or both of them; the deformation causes them to attach to each other.
The deformation caused by the tool is called a crimp, and one of the most common uses of a crimping tool is to fix a connector to the end of a cable. The E-9BM Crimping Tool from 3M is a heavy-duty crimping tool that is compatible with all of Scotchlok’s connectors. It features a parallel closing action and has adjustable jaws that provide a ten to one mechanical advantage. It can handle all wire gauges.