Prevents New Rust
The Mar-Hyde line of products from 3M caters to the needs of the automotive refinishing industry. Convert rust into a hard, black primer sealer with a chemical reaction that follows when you apply the 3M Mar-Hyde One Step Rust Converter Primer Sealer - 1 Quart.
Use the product over rust to prepare your surface for primer and topcoat. This one-step rust converter is a water-based latex coating that contains rust modifiers. Apply it directly over tightly bonded rust on iron or steel. This rust converter also works on new degreased or mild steel that has undergone flash rusting.
After you apply this One Step Rust Converter Primer Sealer, the rusted surface changes from white to purple, and then to a stable black coating that stays intact. A uniform black coating means the rust has converted completely, while white streaks or rust remaining will mean that another coat of this sealer is necessary. The 3M Mar-Hyde One Step Rust Converter Primer Sealer - 1 Quart requires a drying time of 30 minutes.
Key features of the 3M Mar-Hyde One Step Rust Converter Primer Sealer - 1 Quart:
- Water based latex containing rust converters
- Undergoes a chemical reaction to convert rust permanently
- Makes surface suitable for primer and topcoat
- Can be used directly on iron and steel
- Works on new or mild steel that has been subject to flash rusting
- Requires a drying time of 30 minutes
- Cures fully in 12 hours – sealer sets completely and gives maximum strength
- Size: 1 quart
- Dry time: 30 minutes
- Cure Time: 12 hours
- Application: Anti-corrosion
- Color: White
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.