- 80 grit sandpaper used to
featheredge for a smooth transition into the existing top layer of clear
coat and provide base for body filler to adhere to.
- Also used for sanding and shaping body filler.
- For use with a Stikit™ vinyl backup pad and a dual action orbital sander.
- Contains (5) adhesive backed 6 inch sanding discs.
- Use during Stage 1 and 3 of the 3M™ Body Repair System.
The 80 grit 3M™ Green Corp™Sanding
Disc with Stikit™ Attachment is a 6 inch disc containing a blend of
minerals for a faster cut rate, increased abrasive life and increased
durability. Designed for automotive power sanding, each 6 inch disc with
Stikit™ adhesive backing can be easily attached to and used on a dual
action orbital sander. During Stage 1 of the 3M Body Repair System use
the 80 grit sheets to refine the 40 grit scratches and featheredge for a
smooth transition into the existing top layer of clear coat. The 80
grit scratches will give body filler the proper surface to adhere to.
Also use during Stage 3 to shape and sand body filler. Follow this step
with 180 grit sandpaper to refine the 80 grit scratches and allow glaze
or spot putty to adhere to the body filler.
This 80 grit product is made with Green Corps™ abrasives which consist
of a blend of minerals that provide increased abrasive life and a faster
cut-rate. Green Corps™ abrasives are built on D and E weight backing to
make them extremely durable for sanding paint, metal, or fiberglass.
The open coat construction reduces loading on fresh filler. These
high-quality, coated abrasive products come ready to use with a pressure
sensitive adhesive coating on the backside so they conveniently press
on to the backup pad, and remove cleanly, leaving an uncontaminated
surface for the next disc. When a project necessitates exceptional
results, look to 3M™Sandpaper for your surface finishing solutions.
- Applications: Featheredging, Filler Shaping, Paint Removal, Rough Feather Edge
- Attachment Type: Stikit™
- Backing Material: Paper
- Backing Weight: D Weight
- Grade: P80 Grit
- Mineral Type: Aluminum Oxide
- Number of Holes: None
- Performance: Better
- Product Categories: Car Owners
- Product Form: Disc
- Sandimng Method: Hand, Machine
- Sanding Surface: Clear Coat, Fiberglass, Filler, Metal, Paint, Plantic, Putty
- Wet or Dry: Dry