3M Duramix NVH Dampening Material - 04274
Improve a car’s sound quality with the help of the 3M Duramix NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness) Dampening Material. This noise reducing material brings down road noises and vibration and can be applied to various areas of the vehicle.
The heavy-bodied 2-part urethane is suited for applications that require long open time and non-expanding material. You can apply the dampening material to the following areas:
- Between roof bows and door skins
- Between intrusion beams
- Between inner structures and quarter panels
- Between hood and deck lid skins and spider frames
Apply to a thickness of 1-inch on overhead and vertical surfaces. You can even apply the 3M Duramix NVH Dampening Material to existing dampening material on the vehicle as long as the material is integrally bonded.
With a work time of 60 Minutes @ 77° F and a cure time of 24 Hours @ 77° F, the material is sturdy and soft and will not degrade.
- Clean area with 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner (08984, 08987) wherever applicable
- Before applying the NVH Dampening material, ensure that the dry fit replacement panel is fitted properly
- Remove the collar and plug from cartridge before preparing the Duramix cartridge. Insert the cartridge into the 3M dispenser (08571, 08117, or 09930). Extract a small amount of adhesive to ensure that both parts of the adhesive are extruded before attaching the mixing nozzle.
- Apply to all the required areas
Key Features of the 3M Duramix NVH Dampening Material:
- Can be applied to vertical and overhead surfaces
- Long work time (60 minutes)
- Works well for gaps where foam cannot be used to dampen noise
- Remains flexible in all weather
- Stops vibration between panels and braces
- Reduces noise transmissions in metal and plastic panels
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.
- Suggested Products
- Similar Products
- People Who Bought This Also Bought