Enhance the adhesion of 3M Acrylic Foam Tape for use in automotive applications with the 3M Automotive Adhesion Promoter, Sponge Applicator Packet. This automobile adhesion promoter works on low-surface energy plastics like PPO, TPO, PP, PC, and PC + ABS. The adhesion promoter comes with a sponge applicator packet that makes the product easy to use.
It is essential that you use the liquid contents of the pack soon after it is opened to prevent deterioration. Apply promoter to the areas that are to be completely covered with tape. Ensure that the primer is dry before you apply tape over it. For optimum results, you must apply tape immediately after the primer dries or within an hour following primer application. Keep the surface contaminant-free before applying tape over the primer.
Use this adhesion promoter to help the tape adhere to low surface energy plastic materials and injection-molded body side moldings and claddings found on exterior trims of automobiles. This adhesion enhancer has a shelf life of one year from the date of receipt and when stored in the original container at 4°C - 38°C (40°F - 100°F) and 0 - 95% relative humidity.
How to use the 3M Automotive Adhesion Promoter, Sponge Applicator Packet
- Ensure the bonding surface is clean, dry and free of contamination. Use an untreated, lint-free cloth and an adhesive cleaner to clean the surface. Wipe with another lint-free cloth and isopropyl alcohol.
- Use the sponge applicator to apply a thin, uniform coating to the bonding surface. Use only what is necessary to coat the entire surface. It is enough to apply a wet coating thickness of 0.002 inch or less. Allow a drying time of 30-90 seconds to get a coating of this thickness. Let the primer dry before applying tape but do not wait for more than an hour for tape application.
In case you need to clean up the adhesion promoter, you need to scrub vigorously with methylethyl ketone (MEK) or acetone solvents.
- 25 packets per box
- Components: Cyclohexane, xylene, ethyl alcohol, ethylbenzene, ethyl acetate, acrylic polymer, chlorinated polyolefins, isopropyl alcohol (Contains less than 0.5% of the following: bisphenol a-epicholrohydrin copolymer, methyl alcohol, chlorobenzene)
- Solids: Approximately 5%
- Color: Straw
- Viscosity: 25 Centipose maximum
- Flashpoint: -4°F (-20°C)
- Drying Time: 30-90 seconds
- Density: 3.1 kg (6.8 lb) per gallon
- Availability Sponge applicator packet: - 2.5 cc
- Coverage: Approximately 150 in2 per sponge applicator packet
Technical Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
Ships by ground only. Next day and second day air not available