Self-Leveling, Fast Cure Through!
Close seams in metal enclosures like auto bodies with the very durable 3M Automix Self-Leveling Seam Sealer. This sealer has a self-leveling ability that enables it to flow before curing completely. Thus, it is good for horizontal applications that need a smooth seam sealer. If you are using the sealer for outdoor applications where there is UV exposure, you will need to topcoat this sealer with paint. This product features a two-part flexible epoxy chemistry that can be used in a 200ml Dual-Syringe cartridge for the application.
Close seams in metal enclosures like auto bodies with the very durable 3M Automix Self-Leveling Seam Sealer. This sealer The Self Leveling Seam Sealer can be applied only to surfaces primed with 2K urethane, 2K epoxy primer, or clean paint.
How to use the 3M Automix Self-Leveling Seam Sealer
- Prepare surface by scuffing primed surface with a general purpose hand pad. Blow off dust with clean, compressed air and wipe the surface with clean and dry rag.
- To prepare the sealer product you will be using, put cartridge inside the applicator gun. Take off retaining collar and plug from the end of the cartridge. Discard the plug but keep the retaining collar handy. Take out a small amount of product until both parts A and B release in equal proportion. Fix mixing nozzle to the cartridge and ensure it stays locked in place with the retaining collar.
- For regular repairs, apply sealer on the surface by keeping the end of the mixing nozzle dipped in the seam sealer. Doing this will prevent air from getting entrapped in the product.
- A cure time of 15 minutes minimum is essential before you start the painting process.
Remember to prevent contact of this sealer with acid etch primers. Since this is a flowing type of primer, be careful that it should not flow, run or drip onto any other surface. There are some points you need to keep in mind when you are handling this sealer. Do not eat, drink or smoke while you are using this sealer and keep the container closed when it is not in use. This self-leveling sealer has a shelf life of 12 months from the manufacturing date when the container is unopened.
Key Features of the 3M Automix Self-Leveling Seam Sealer:
- Two part flexible epoxy chemistry
- Metered static mixing
- Self-leveling formula
- Made for roof ditches and rear body panels, such as tail light areas, wheel flanges, and others
- 200 ml dual syringe cartridge
- Ready to paint in 15 minutes for improved productivity
- Can be applied directly over primed metal – matched OEM seams
- Does not shrink or crack and no outgassing
- Container: 200 mL Dual-Syringe Cartridge
- Base: Epoxy
- Density lbs/Gallon (Appx.): 9.3 / 9.8
- Color: Clear / Clear
- Flash Point - : >200°F
- Viscosity (CPS) Brookfield Viscometer: 5,000 - 15,000
- Solids Content (Appx.): 100%
- Consistency: Thin syrup
- Solvent: N/A
- Service Temperature - °F: -20°F to 180°F
- Work Time: 8 minutes
- Mix Nozzle Dwell Time: 6 minutes
- Sand Time: N/A
- Cure Time: 1 hour
- Paint Time: 15 minutes
- Tensile Strength: 7995 PSI
- Elongation: 8%
Technical Data Sheet
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.