3M Acryl-White Glazing Putty - 05095
Slow Drying, Easy Spreading Putty
3M Acryl-White Glazing Putty spreads easily and dries slowly to perfectly cover minor scratches and chips. It is quite common to see small scratches and scrapes on automobiles, and this superior quality putty is perfect for repairing any such minor imperfections. This glazing putty is very easy to use; since it dries slowly, application on the required areas is simpler.
The air-drying, single-component formula is designed especially for use on automobiles and the time it takes to dry and set make it compatible for repairing medium areas. We recommend the 3M Super Red Putty PN 05099 for problems covering a larger area. View the Technical Data Sheet here.
Some typical physical properties of this product include:
- 14.5 oz. aluminum tube
- Base comprising talc, acrylic co-polymer, toluene, xylene
- Density: 12.00 - 13.10 Lbs./Gal.
- Color: White
- Viscosity: 147,000 - 296,200 Cps.
Using and Storing the 3M™ Acryl-White Glazing Putty:
- Do not use when the room temperature is below 55ºF or above 110ºF
- Use on clean, primed surfaces for best results (use compressed air to remove any dust particles before applying the putty)
- Use a plastic or metal spreader to push the putty into the scratch or pinhole; keep the thickness to 1/16" or less
- Always apply multiple thin coats instead of one thick coat, for better coverage
- White color minimizes the possibility of the original color showing through the final coat
- Allow it to dry for 15 minutes at about 72°F, before sanding
- Clean the surface again before priming or applying the top coat
- Always use in a well-ventilated area, away from sparks or an open flame
- Do not apply the putty below the water line, unless it is the top coating
- Keep the product away from children and make sure you do not eat, drink, or smoke when using the putty
- In case of skin exposure, wash thoroughly with soap
- Low shrinkage, 2.5 minute work time, and 25 minute sanding time
- Designed for industrial or professional use only
- Store at 72°F for a normal lifetime of 36 months
This item can only ship by ground within the Continental US.
Next Day or 2nd Day, AK & HI, & International delivery not available.
There are no comments for this product.