If you are thinking about doing some paint correction, then it is time to pick up the 3M 75 mm Polisher. This circular polisher is the preferred choice of professionals and DIY enthusiasts. Who would not like to keep their car’s finish looking good as new?
If you thought it was expensive, then think again. This 75mm Polisher can easily remove paint flaws, oxidation, scratches and paint swirls in a matter of minutes. The polisher is so easy to operate that you will get the job done easily and efficiently. This powerful tool requires a bit of skill and steady hands to work on to accomplish satisfying results.
What is a polisher?
Also known as rotary and circular polisher, due to the spinning motion of the device, a polisher can very efficiently remove scratches around the base coat and the clear coat substrates. It works by heating the clear coat temporarily till it turns into a sticky liquid that fills in scratches. The repetition and consistency enable flattening the clear coat around a scratch to make the abrasion next to invisible.
Points to remember when using the polisher
- Improper use of the polisher may burn the paint due to overheating. You should keep the polisher moving constantly to avoid such a situation
- Keep the pad flush with the paint, to help in heat distribution throughout a larger area
- Work on scrap panels first before trying it out on your actual project
Key Features of the 3M 75 mm Polisher:
- Removes scratches on base coat and clear coat substrates
- Best used with 3M Perfect-It polishing and buff pads
- 3" disc size for better spread of polish
- Rotates at a maximum of 11,000 RPM
- Disc Size: 75mm
- Spindle Thread: 5/16"-24 T
- Max. RPM: 11,000 rpm
- Motor: 0.24 hp
- Vacuum: Non-Vac
- Air Pressure: 90 psi
- Air Inlet: 1/4" NPT
- Min Hose Size: 3/8"
- Height : 3.75"
- Length: 5.2"
- Weight: 1.79 lbs.
- Air Flow Rate: 17 SCFM
- Sound Pressure / Power: 77 dBA / 82dBA