If you plan to correct automobile paint for a great new finish, then it is time to pick up the 3M 3" Pistol Grip Random Orbital Sander or Pistol Grip Buffer. The first choice of professionals and DIY-ers alike, this orbital sander can very easily remove scratches, paint swirls, and flaws in no time at all. With steady hands and a bit of skill, you are all set to give your car a brand new finish.
Why should you sand automobiles before painting?
It is critically important to sand away old paint before beginning to paint your vehicle. The process of sanding helps in removing imperfections, dings, scratches and cracks and provides a smooth surface. A well-sanded car makes settling of paint easier and experiences fewer sanding problems post painting.
Use of a Buffer
Buffing helps ensure that your car looks brand new and brilliant by giving it a lustrous finish. Buffing helps in removing minor scratches and scrapes from the car’s coating. An orbital buffer, such as this one from 3M, turns at a very high speed so that you can apply wax systematically. Economical and easy to use, the pistol grip buffer uses less compound and leaves a polished finish.
Key Features of the 3M™ 3" Pistol Grip Random Orbital Sander or Pistol Grip Buffer:
- Intended specifically for use in the automotive market
- This tool is extremely lightweight and provides excellent balance
- The pistol-grip is designed to help you sand hard-to-reach areas such as bumpers, door jambs, headlight lens and more with absolute ease
- The composite body provides better durability and feel and has lesser possibility of marring when bumped against surfaces
- .45 HP motor
- 5/16-24 external shaft mounts directly to disc pad for lower profile and better tool control
- Includes 1 Hookit pad
Specifications of the 3M™ Pistol Grip Orbital Sander:
Specifications of the 3M™ Pistol Grip Buffer:
- 3" Diameter MOS 2,200 RPM
- Robust gear head design for long tool life